Impulse buying on crack




Saw this auction on eBay for a signed copy of "The Chosen One" collection, which collects the entire 7-season series of Buffy and is signed by Joss Whedon, along with the script for "Once More With Feeling" (arguably the best Buffy ep ever) signed by Alyson Hannigan and Joss Whedon.

It's an auction that benefits charity through Millarworld, the online community run by Mark Millar, a well-known comics writer.

My first impulse done within seconds of seeing the auction (which was at a bid of $300)? I bid almost $600 on it! Without even thinking about it. Just BAM! Did it!

And now it's around $1,000 (might be more when you see it), and you know what? I'm still thinking about bidding on it!

What the fuck? I own the entire Buffy series on DVD. I already have two autographed head shots of Alyson Hannigan. Do I really need to spend more than a thousand dollars just for something that has Joss's signature and is a script of one of my favorite episodes of television ever?

And the answer, of course, is yes. I want it!

Someone shoot me in the fucking head, please. Now.