Katrina and the Waves's newest hit



Boy am I glad I don't fucking live in Louisiana. I'd be hating life right now if that was coming through Central Florida.

In the last fifteen years, the only other two hurricanes to reach 170 mph winds other than Katrina was Hurricane Mitch in 1998 and Hurricane Andrew in 1992. Andrew wreaked mass destruction across the US, and Mitch killed almost 10,000 people. (The reason Mitch may not seem as familiar to you, you insular American-centric bastard, is because most of the people who died were in Honduras and Nicaragua). Mitch was the deadliest hurricane in the Atlantic since 1900!

This is going to be catastrophic.

2 Thoughts:

Blogger Beth said...

I don't know that I've ever come out and said it on my blog, but I work at a call center (customer service) for a propane company, and a lot of our offices are in Florida. I got a call last night from someone who was mad about not getting a delivery, and when I explained that the weather was unsafe for our drivers to be hauling gas around in, she told me that was a stupid ass reason for not getting gas and she was leaving our company forever. It was great ;)

8/28/2005 3:42 PM  
Blogger Avitable said...

Stupid customers. How can you avoid being mean to some of the idiots who call in? I couldn't.

8/28/2005 6:57 PM  

|

<< Home