Facing certain realities



I just found out that a good friend is pregnant. Having naively assumed that she and I would be able to talk forever about those typical asshole mothers who do nothing but talk about their kids 24/7, this is a bit of a shock. She promises that she won't become one of those mothers, and I do believe her. But it's never going to be the same. It never is.

I abhor change. Once I find a way of life or routine that suits me, and I'm completely comfortable and in control of my environment, I want to freeze everything. Why can't things stay the way they are when everything is perfect? I know that's stupid, and logically I can't avoid or prevent change, but it still frustrates me. Whether it's a function of my need to control every aspect of my life or just my sole emotional weakness, I don't know.

I just know that while I'm excited for her, I'm also disappointed and upset about the whole situation. I guess that's human nature. And I hate that.

2 Thoughts:

Blogger jhaggard76 said...

It is nice to see you admitting to a weakness. Change isn't all bad, you got a dog didn't you.

4/06/2006 11:20 PM  
Blogger Avitable said...

Yeah, the dog wasn't too bad.

4/06/2006 11:21 PM  

|

<< Home