Attention Single Men: Go down under right now.

Man drought sparks property boom

THE "man drought", combined with a housing affordability crisis, has led to a rise in the number of young single women buying property together. Sick of waiting for the right man, women are joining together for companionship and financial reasons.

There had been a 15 to 20 per cent rise in the number of cases over the past year, Mortgage Choice national corporate affairs manager Warren O'Rourke said. "It's certainly becoming more prevalent ... simply because of housing affordability," he said.

While it has been reported that work colleagues, siblings and friends were buying together in increasing numbers, this is the first time young single women have been identified as a driving force.

Demographer Bernard Salt from property commentator KPMG said it is the way of the future because Australia is suffering a "man drought" . . .


I know it's not true, but here's my mental image of Australia right now:



I have many directionless, lonely single male friends. I think I'll buy them all a one-way plane ticket to Australia as birthday presents. They're smart, personable, normal-looking guys. They deserve some thunder down under.

3 Thoughts:

Blogger mikster said...

Now how thoughtful of you to treat your single male friends to a trip down under.

6/07/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger Avitable said...

Mike: I know, isn't it?

Sera: I'm married, and I refuse to leave my house, much less the country.

6/07/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

hell everytime I ask a man to move in with me he's got his bags packed and ready to go!

6/09/2006 1:10 PM  

|

<< Home