And now Hurricane Jeanne

I'm amazed I have power. This one seems worse (and it's still about 100 miles away) than Frances. Our big sliding glass doors were bowing in the wind, so I decided it may not be smart to stand in front of them. They're supposedly built to withstand gusts of up to 140, but do you want to be the fucking guinea pig to test that theory? They were installed 30 years ago, and I think I'll go into my office while I have power and go to the weather websites instead.

It's eerie how light it is out. It's 5 AM now, but I've been up for about an hour and a half, and it is really bright out for the middle of the night. I don't know what the deal is.

So hurricane season goes until November. It peaks in three weeks. That means we have enough time for three or four more hurricanes! I say bring them on.

Oh - lights just flickered. I'll probably lose power soon, so I'll end here.