How long will your password stand up?

"[The link] shows the approximate amount of time required for a computer or a cluster of computers to guess various passwords. The figures shown are approximate and are the maximum time required to guess each password using a simple brute force 'key-search' attack, it may (and probably will) be possible to guess correctly without trying all the combinations shown using other methods of attack or by having a 'lucky guess'."


Luckily, I have a 4,000 alphanumeric password using random mathematic symbols, greek characters, kanji, and pictographs. It only takes me an hour and a half to type it in each time.

2 Thoughts:

Blogger jhaggard76 said...

I still just use my first name, no caps for everything: ebay, netbank.com, citibank, amazon, all the major ones. I also always use the same login, jhaggard76. It is the easiest thing for me to remember and frankly, does anyone really care about my stuff anyway. No one is going to steal anything of mine and if they want it that bad, they can have it. I have nothing to hide, well almost nothing.

Jason

4/06/2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger Avitable said...

Hmm. Don't know how wise that is.

4/06/2006 11:29 PM  

|

<< Home