I should be a god, too.

KOLKATA - Thousands of people are flocking to an impoverished Indian village in eastern West Bengal state to worship a man they believe possesses divine powers because he climbs up trees in seconds, gobbles up bananas and has a "tail."

Devotees say 27-year-old villager Chandre Oraon is an incarnation of the Hindu monkey god Hanuman -- worshipped by millions as a symbol of physical strength, perseverance and devotion . . .devotees wait for hours to see or touch Oraon's 13-inch tail, believing that it has healing powers.




First, are they sure that it's not just Chris Kattan getting away from the paparazzi?

Second, I'm hairy with a protruding brow, I walk on all fours and beat my chest alot. I'm sure there's a gorilla god out there somewhere that I resemble.

4 Thoughts:

Blogger The Stiltwalker said...

hell no, lol.

6/21/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger Avitable said...

You're just jealous because you don't look like a gorilla.

6/21/2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Su said...

You forgot to mention that you have the smarts to con thousands, nay, millions out of their hard-earned cash. Screams organised religion to me.

6/24/2006 12:56 AM  
Blogger Avitable said...

Su: Maybe I should start my own religion. I'll call it Aviticus!

6/24/2006 6:45 AM  

|

<< Home