I guess my high school wasn't too shitty after all

Thanks to Grant for the link.

Spruce Creek High School, my alma mater, is supposedly ranked #84 out of high schools in the country.

I suspect, this is due in part to the outstanding International Baccalaureate program (which I attended) and Advanced Placement program. And I believe that the athletics were pretty kick-ass, too.

Since Florida is known for having utter shit when it comes to education, this is more impressive than it seems.

2 Thoughts:

Blogger Grant said...

I'm kind of surprised we ranked 563rd. We had great athletics and band departments which caused the school to suffer on the whole. Sports took all the funding, and they had so many coaches they had to use them to teach most of the classes (most could only stand in front of the class and read from the book, so kids having trouble understanding were SOL).

5/01/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger Avitable said...

We were a pretty big school, so I suspect we had a big budget, and being one of the charter IB schools in the area helped.

It was still a cesspool, though. I bet the #1 school is just as bad as #1000.

5/01/2006 1:59 PM  

|

<< Home