Six word stories

On a local discussion board, I've been having some fun with six word stories. I decided to share this fun with others.


What are six word stories? Well, way back in the day, Ernest Hemingway wrote a six-word story that he called his best work ever: "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

Recently, Wired magazine asked for some contributions from famous people. Here are my favorites:

Failed SAT. Lost scholarship. Invented rocket.
- William Shatner

Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so.
- Joss Whedon

Machine. Unexpectedly, I’d invented a time
- Alan Moore

With bloody hands, I say good-bye.
- Frank Miller

We kissed. She melted. Mop please!
- James Patrick Kelly

It’s behind you! Hurry before it
- Rockne S. O’Bannon


I came up with tons of my own, which I've listed here. I'd like to see your contributions, too. Remember, though, this isn't just a six-word phrase. It actually has to try to tell a story. That's the difference between "I like to eat dark chocolate" (BAD and STUPID) and "Chocolate has decided to eat back." (GOOD)

Here are mine:

My nudity proved fatal to everyone.

"Oh crap! I pushed the wrong

Cows falling proved disastrous to umbrellas.

Clearly, they are not friendly aliens.

"Don't worry," she said. "Lightning never

Wonder if I can jump that?

"Dontksssshhhhhhh drop the detonator!"
"Drop it?"

Ostensibly, authority compelled the button's depression.

All I need is some plutonium . . .

Apparently, advanced technology doesn't mean peace.

Searing pain. Not an ulcer. Bullet.

I wonder. Do lions like wedgies?


So, acolytes of the Church of Holy Avitableness, let's hear your six-word stories!