Improv Everywhere: Best Buy



The idea for this mission was submitted by a stranger via email. Agent Slavinsky wrote in to suggest I get either a large group of people in blue polo shirts and khakis to enter a Best Buy or a group in red polo shirts and khakis to enter a Target. Wearing clothing almost identical to the store's uniform, the agents would not claim to work at the store but would be friendly and helpful if anyone had a question. There aren't any Targets in Manhattan, so I decided to go with the two-story Best Buy on 23rd Street.


This is a pretty amusing event. I've enjoyed the antics of Improv Everywhere - the pants free one in the subway was probably my favorite. Anyways, go here to read the whole account - it's worth reading at least the first agent's account.

3 Thoughts:

Blogger Avitable said...

Best Buy is notorious for having horrific customer service, unknowledgeable staff, and idiots working in every corner.

Khakis and polos are good if you wear pants. As someone who does not own a pair of pants (nor do I plan on owning them in the future), I have to run in the opposite direction.

5/02/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

My last company was slow to adopt the business casual look, so I had to wear a tie to the office. I found that if I stopped for groceries on the way home, people started asking me for help. Seems like only lowly service people wear ties these days, not white collar professionals.

We had an incident when I worked at Kmart wherein a 12 year old boy got his hands on one of the red smocks and pretended to be an employee, but it was less humorous. He was drugged out of his skull and claimed to worship the devil, so management had the police haul him away. Poor evil kid just wanted to live his lifelong dream - to work at Kmart.

5/02/2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger m said...

I did, in fact, work at the Mart of K in my youth.

Shortly before my time there came to end, I found a way to relieve retail-indiced stress by taking my K-Mart name tag, travelling to a K-Mart in a neighboring town, enter it (wearing said nametag) and proceed to look busy until some redneck asked me a stupid question...then, fun was had...and following that, a hasty exit out the garden department.

5/02/2006 12:55 PM  

|

<< Home