What's with the fucking hurricanes?

First, we had Charley. Charley came and blew really, really hard. He knocked down three trees and knocked down a fence and a shed that belonged to the house we were about to buy. But, no real damage happened, so it was okay. Now we have Francis. Francis is coming now that we're in our new house, still unpacking and trying to get settled. Everybody is of course freaking out because of what happened with Charley.

But, I feel that Charley blew down a lot of the deadwood that had been here since 1992. Francis will definitely cause some damage, but I'm predicting that it will be a lot less than Charley, except for the flooding. Thank Jeebus I live on top of a hill.

There are about 14 stumps at the end of my driveway - a present from the previous owners. If the winds get strong enough to lift these stumps (which weigh about 50-75 lbs each), they will become deadly projectiles.

Should be fun. Will our house survive? I fucking hope so. If not, I give up and I'm moving to Montana, living off the grid, and we'll kill our own food and make our own electricity.

Where's Superman when you need him? I was reading on the NOAA's website about hurricane prevention, and all of their theories wouldn't work because they couldn't react fast enough and on a large enough scale. Superman could, though, so we should be hard at work engineering a super-human tornado and hurricane defuser.