Today I'm doing a meme. I didn't get it from anyone - I just decided to list 5 more things you don't know about me:
1. My grandmother's side of the family is descended from John Alden, who is an ancestor of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, John Adams, John Quincy Adams, FDR, Orson Welles, Marilyn Monroe, and Dan Quayle. My wife's family also thinks they have ties to John Adams and John Quincy Adams. So apparently I'm married to a cousin.
2. The only bone I've ever broken was my thumb after sliding into second base as a kid. It wasn't broken when it happened, it was probably sprained, maybe a hairline fracture. However, when I was home, sitting it on some ice at the kitchen table, and my little brother came up and smashed his fist into my thumb, that broke it.
3. For an entire series of photos during a Christmas 1993 or 1992, I have an eyepatch. Unfortunately, it wasn't because I was a kick-ass pirate. It was because this same little brother threw a stick directly into my eye. To this day I still have little floaters if I look at a bright light.
4. As a child, I was quite a somnambulist. When I was 5, my father woke up to find me standing at the bottom of the stairs that led to the master bedroom, dressed in my school clothes with my backpack on, ready to go to school, completely asleep. That's got to be creepy! I mean, little kids are creepy already, but a sleepwalking one? I'm surprised they didn't exorcise me. When I was 13 or 14, I woke up outside, sitting on the doghouse, in my underwear. The door I went out was locked, so I still am not sure what happened.
5. I can curl my toes underneath my feet and walk on the toe-knuckles like a gorilla. Someday, I just know all of my toes are going to break simultaneously as I do this and I will deserve it.